WordPress is a free website platform that started out as a simple blogging tool – it empowered people to have a voice on the Internet in their own space. It became wildly popular and has evolved into a full-fledged CMS (Content Management System). Static and informational websites thrive on WordPress because WordPress makes it easy to manage your site content and it is very cost-effective to get up and running.
Many of our non-eCommerce clients choose to go with the WordPress platform once we recommend it to them and show them what it can do. They like that WordPress is widely used and has a very large community, which means it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Our clients also appreciate that Web Solutions looks to leverage the plethora of pre-built plugins that the WordPress community has developed because it saves our clients money.
For the above reasons, WordPress is Web Solutions’ platform of choice for all websites that don’t require an eCommerce solution or advanced functionality.
- Extremely flexible content management – quickly tweak what is displayed on your website
- Incredibly large community provides robust support and longevity for the platform
- Over 1 million free, community-built plug-ins to enhance your website with
- It’s Free!
- Not good for eCommerce
- Popular target for hackers
- Lacks the backbone for advanced functionality and rich user-interactions